What Happens on Admission
If possible, have a support person bring you. Watershed is in a residential area with no parking available for clients so its best to have someone bring you or travel by public transport (just let us know if you need a lift from the train station). Your support person is welcome to stay while you are being admitted. Please do not arrive intoxicated or under the influence and be honest with the admissions worker about your recent drug use, including medicines you may have taken, so we know how best we can help you. Everyone entering the service is required to provide a urine sample and alcohol and nicotine breath analysis and if the results of the instant tests are not consistent with your reported drug and alcohol use, your admission may be delayed or in some cases refused.
Our admissions worker will ask you some questions about recent drug use and any other health issues. They will discuss with you any issues you may have, answer any questions and complete your paperwork.
You will then be provided with a tour of the house and be introduced to the other residents and staff where you will be assigned a case worker.
Your Personal items will be collected and stored securely in your personal property box or storeroom for security.
What to bring
- 1 Medium size bag only (approximately 50cm + 35cm +25cm) – the rooms are shared with limited storage space so if you bring too much your support person will have to take it back.
- Appropriate clothing and footwear for the gym, including swimwear
- A hat for sun protection
- Toiletries – shampoo, conditioner, soap, toothpaste and toothbrush
- Healthcare Card and Medicare Card
- Nicotine Replacement Therapy (NRT)
- Prescriptions for your all medication and enough repeats to cover 6 weeks
- SDAS and IDAS clients need to bring $50 on admission to cover incidentals
- Please also bring your bank account details (BSB and Account number) so we can process any account refunds at the end of your stay if applicable
What not to bring
- See-through clothing; mini-skirts; cut off shorts; midriff tops; muscle shirts
- Clothing with alcohol, drug or sexual references, offensive language, discriminating comments or violence
- Tobacco, lighters or cigarettes as Watershed is a non-smoking unit
- Cameras, electronic games and devices
- Weapons of any description (these will be confiscated and destroyed)
- Food or drink items, including lollies
- Medication or opened vitamins
- Pornographic or R18+ rated material (tapes, cd’s, DVD’s or videos)
- Electric appliances, hair dryers/curling irons etc.
- Illicit drugs and drug using implements
Stored Items List
These items will be stored securely. Clients are encouraged to place all personal items in secure storage, however you may request access to some of your stored personal items throughout your program.
These are some of the personal items that will be stored for safekeeping:
- Mobile phones
- Address books/ All personal papers
- Cosmetics (clients may keep minimal make-up)
- Medication – prescription and non-prescription
- Hobby materials
- Musical instruments
If you forget anything you need items can be dropped off for you at the Reception Office between 8:30am – 5:00pm Monday to Fridays.
Error: API requests are being delayed for this account. New posts will not be retrieved.
Log in as an administrator and view the Instagram Feed settings page for more details.
Make a Payment
Access your account to make a payment today.